Saturday, March 19, 2011

FLOWER POT CARDS

 
These are 3 flower pot cards I made for spring and summer using Lynn Larson's tutorial at www.learntostampandscrap.com . Her instructions are very easy to follow. I used paper from K & Co. for the pot design and for the flowers. All I did was punch the flowers out using my scalloped circle punch. I ran some of the flowers through the CB using the polka dot folder and the swirl folder. I decorated with buttons and gems. I attached the flowers to a piece of CS, which fits inside the pot, using double stick tape. I popped up the center flower with a pop dot to give it some dimension. I cut out a butterfly made of vellum, glittered it and decorated the center with pearls. I cut out the leaves freehand and attached them to the flowers. Just remember to make sure the flowers and leaves fit in the envelope that you're using. I used adhesive ribbon on two of the pots and tied regular decorative ribbon on the middle pot. These cards are very easy to create and great to give for birthdays, Easter, Mother's Day, etc. Have fun!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing us how to make these in Mothers Class last week,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, these flower pot cards are beautiful! I'm sorry I missed the class but I will go to the site and try it out. Good job! Linda

    ReplyDelete